Church services in Hitchcock were organized in August of 1882 by Rev. O.S. Basford. Twenty-seven members held their first meeting in the Chicago Northwestern depot. Other places for services in the 1800’s were a butcher shop on the north side of main street owned by Mike O’ Brian, also above the store known as Phillip’s Store, and J and B Locker. Two churches were built while Rev. Basford was pastor—one at Hitchcock and one at Crandon. Soon Broadland and Tulare were established making a four-point charge.
The original church was built in 1883 and modified a number of times over the years. It remained the place of worship until the current church was built in 2004.
There have been a number of parsonages; many that still are lived in today. The current parsonage was built in 2007 through a donation given by Ruth Roen.
Hitchcock has had a total of 58 different pastors over the years.